A Motor Vehicle Service is a series of maintenance procedures carried out at a set time interval or after the vehicle has traveled a certain distance. The service intervals are specified by the vehicle manufacturer in a service schedule and some modern cars display the due date for the next service electronically on the instrument panel.
The completed services are usually recorded in a service book which is rubber stamped by the service center upon completion of each service. A complete service history usually adds to the resale value of a vehicle.
Maintenancetasks commonly carried out during a motor vehicle service include:
- Changethe Engine Oil
- Replacethe Oil Filter
- Replacethe Air filter
- Replacethe Fuel filter
- Replacethe Spark plugs
- Tune the engine
- Checklevel and refill Brake fluid
- Checklevel and refill Power steeringfluid
- Checklevel and refill AutomaticTransmission Fluid
- Greaseand lubricate Components
- Inspectand replace the Timing belt if needed
- Checkcondition of the Tyres